The STEP Program provides support for General Education classes and prerequisites through Coastline College Extended Learning Division (ELD). STEP prepares participants for certificate and degree programs that can accelerate their careers in healthcare.
New and Improved for 2021!
In partnership with Coastline College Extended Learning Division, beginning 2021 the STEP Program will only support online classes through Coastline College Extended Learning Division (ELD).
- Financial assistance — Prepaid tuition, required fees, and required textbooks/e-books.
- Career Guidance — Education Fund Career Counselors assist with education plans.
- Academic Support — Tutor.com provides tutoring for approved classes.
- Online Preparation — Resources available to help you navigate the online learning environment.
See below for more information about applying for the program.
Certificate and Degree options
In addition to general education classes and prerequisites, the STEP Program supports Coastline College Extended Learning Division certificate and degree programs that meet the current need of the Healthcare industry:
Pre-Allied Health Pathway: Allied Health Career Certificate of Achievement
Medical Coding Pathway: Medical Coding Specialist Certificate of Accomplishment CCS
Mental Health Pathway:
- Human Services Certificate of Accomplishment
- Human Services Associate in Arts
- Psychology Associates in Arts
- Sociology Associate in Arts
- Social and Behavior Sciences Associate in Arts
Information Technology Pathway: CompTIA Certificate of Accomplishment
- Spring A – February 1 – March 28, 2021
- Spring B – April 5- May 30, 2021
- Summer – June – August 2021
- Fall A – August – October 2021
- Fall B – October – December 2021
Am I eligible?
Yes, if you:
- Work in a bargaining unit position for which an Employer has agreed to make contributions to the Fund.
- Have completed your probationary period.
- Are a regular benefited full-time or part-time employee. In addition, on call or per diem employees working, at minimum, 2 shifts per month over the most recent 6 month period.
- Applicants must meet the requirements and prerequisites for the class they are supported through the STEP program.
Please Note: If you are an on-call or per diem applicant, you MUST submit documentation to verify that you have worked a minimum of two (2) shifts per month for the last six (6) months. Please be prepared with the required documents when applying.
Ready to Get Started?
The STEP program is focused on supporting your success in distance learning. To be supported, you will complete the following process:
- Submit a request for a Meet Your Counselor (MYC) Appointment
- An Education Fund Career Counselor will provide you with the STEP application link.
- Apply. If eligible, you will receive an approved email with next steps for the STEP program.