Continuing Education Reimbursement Program
Get reimbursed up to $1,000 annually for costs of Continuing Education Units (CEUs/CMEs), certifications, licenses or specialty certifications.
You may be eligible for reimbursement if you fit all of the following criteria:
- Work in a bargaining unit position for which an Employer has agreed to make contributions to the Fund.
- Have completed your probationary period.
- Be a regular benefited full-time or part-time employee. In addition, on call or per diem employees working, at minimum, 2 shifts per month over the most recent 6 month period.
- Have attended a CE training OR taken the license or certification exam within the last 60 days.
- Submit required paperwork with receipts included in the original application.
Please Note: If you are an on-call or per diem applicant, you MUST submit documentation to verify that you have worked a minimum of two (2) shifts per month for the last six (6) months. Please be prepared with the required documents when applying.
The online application must be completely filled out and submitted electronically within 60 days of your training.
Note: You must submit all documents along with the reimbursement form using the online application. Any reimbursement request missing documentation will be returned to you for completion.
- Reimbursement Form
- All receipts showing payment for the in-person class, workshop, or conference
- Certificate showing proof of obtaining CEs
- Copy of your current professional license
- Direct Deposit form (optional)
For questions regarding the application process please email us at ContinuingEducation@theedfund.org.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Please click on a question to expand and see the answer.
Are online classes reimbursable? What else is reimbursable?
Yes, online CEs are reimbursable; you can select your preferred online provider.
Where is my reimbursement?
For any questions regarding the status of your reimbursement that was approved at least six (6) weeks ago, please contact our finance department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long do I have to submit my documents?
You must submit the required materials for reimbursement within 60 days of completing your training (in-person or online) or certification exam. Any documents submitting after 60 days may be deemed ineligible.
Can I submit several reimbursements within one year?
Yes, as long as the total requested do not exceed $1,000 in one calendar year.
What is not reimbursable?
The following are currently not reimbursable in the CE Reimbursement program:
- Membership fees or dues.
- Travel, food, or lodging costs.
- Any costs or fees already reimbursed by your employer for this training.
- Any reimbursement for a training which has previously been reimbursed by the Education Fund in the current calendar year.
How do I submit my documents?
You’ll submit your documents online via the reimbursement application. To apply, click here: CE Reimbursement – online application.
Do I need pre-approval?
Nope! As long as you meet the criteria listed above, you will not need pre-approval.
What if my reimbursement request is more than $1,000?
You will be reimbursed up to the limit of $1,000 annually..
Why are you offering CE Reimbursements?
This is an alternative to the Education Fund hosted in-person classes and online CE offerings.
When is the $1,000 reimbursement effective?
The reimbursement amount was increased to $1,000 (formerly $250) effective April 1, 2020.
*Reimbursements over $250 submitted from January 1, 2020 to March 31, 2020 have been automatically paid out.*