The Education Fund provides support for General Education classes and prerequisites as well as fully funded certificate and degree Career Pathway programs that can accelerate careers in healthcare.
College Courses support is now provided through Regional Educational Providers to eligible members who are accepted to receive the following:
- Financial assistance — Prepaid tuition, required fees, and required textbooks/e-books.
- Career Guidance — Education Fund Career Counselors assist with education plans.
- Academic Support — Tutor.com provides tutoring for approved classes.
- Online Preparation — Resources available to help you navigate the online learning environment.
Regional Educational Providers
Learn more about the Regional Education Providers and available programs through the links below:
- Coastline College Extended Learning Division (Northern California, Southern California, Nevada, Colorado Regions)
- Coastline College – General (Southern California Region)
- Portland Community College (Northwest Region)
- Clackamas Community College (Northwest Region)
- College of Southern Nevada (Nevada Region)
- Community College of Denver (Colorado Region)
You are eligible for College Courses support through the Education Fund, if you:
- Work in a bargaining unit position for which an Employer has agreed to make contributions to the Fund.
- Have completed your probationary period.
- Are a regular benefited full-time or part-time employee. In addition, on call or per diem employees working, at minimum, 2 shifts per month over the most recent 6 month period.
- Applicants must meet the requirements and prerequisites for the class for which they are supported through the Education Fund.
Please Note: If you are an on-call or per diem applicant, you MUST submit documentation to verify that you have worked a minimum of two (2) shifts per month for the last six (6) months. Please be prepared with the required documents when applying.
The Education Fund is focused on supporting your success in distance learning. Applicants will complete the following process:
- Submit a request for a “Meet Your Counselor” Appointment (link below)
- An Education Fund Career Counselor will provide you with the College Courses application link.
- Apply. If eligible, you will receive an approved email with next steps.
For more information
If you aren’t ready to talk to a career counselor and have specific questions regarding College Courses, you can reach out to the Education Fund at: infoSTEP@theedfund.org.
We also encourage you to review some Frequently Asked Questions about the Education Fund’s support for College Courses 2021.