Online Education Preparation
So much is online now – from keeping in contact with our friends, to being prepared for our careers. That trend was already happening, but the past year really pushed it forward.
The Education Fund offers a variety of options for getting an education online, such as tuition support, career pathways and continuing education. Remote learning gives students the flexibility to take classes at any time and place that works for them. But for people who don’t have access to a computer or internet connection, or don’t really know how to use some of the most common computer tools and apps, opportunities are limited.
Don’t worry. The Education Fund offers a variety of classes to get you started and support your online learning skills and digital fluency:
- Developing Basic Computer Skills: Navigating the Technological World
- Microsoft Office Classes – Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
- Chromebook lending program
- Introduction to Online Learning
See below for more information or make an appointment with one of our counselors by calling (888) 872-4606. They can answer all your questions about our classes and provide support with getting started.
Developing Basic Computer Skills: Navigating the Technological World
Developing Basic Computer Skills: Navigating the Technological World course covers essential computer skills for anyone struggling with technology in the workplace or anyone who wants to learn the fundamentals of using a computer. Participants will learn:
- How to operate and use basic functions of a Windows computer or Chromebook laptop
- How to navigate the internet using the Chrome browser
- How to use an email account using Gmail
- How basic computer skills can increase employees’ marketability with employers
Kickstart to Microsoft Suite offers monthly, 1 hour clinics cover the basics of Microsoft Suite, including Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Monday, May 24
- Monday, June 28
Through our education partner Learnit, the Education Fund offers Microsoft Office courses at no cost. Members may register for up to five (5) classes per year.
- Microsoft Word – All levels
- Microsoft Excel – All levels
- Microsoft Outlook – All levels
- Microsoft PowerPoint – All levels
- Microsoft 365
- Microsoft Teams
How to access courses on Learnit:
- Visit learnit.com/seiu-portal.
- Enter your personal and contact information.
- Enter your Employee ID.
For KP employees, please do not enter NUID – numbers only.
For employee IDs that start with two zeros (00), please omit the zeros.
- Select class and date.
- Add to cart and check out (no payment required).
Laptop Lending Program
As part of our efforts to promote digital equity and access to technology, the Education Fund is excited to offer a new Laptop Lending Program. If you’re actively enrolled in an online or hybrid format Education Fund program, you are eligible for the use of a Chromebook for up to the three years at no cost to you! Learn more about the program via the link below:
Introduction to Online Learning
The Introduction to Online Learning course is a self-paced, non-credit online resource to support any learner planning to move into a virtual learning environment. This course guides learners through four modules on various lesson topics, including:
- Advantages and challenges of online learning
- Using technology
- Developing effective study habits
Learners who complete this course will receive a digital badge from Credly.