Tuition Support from the Education Fund provides financial assistance to employees who want to move up the healthcare career ladder through educational training programs.
We reimburse up to $5,250 in a calendar year* for training programs leading to a degree or certificate including:
- Required Textbooks
- Required student fees
- License and Certification exam fees (that are part of the academic program).
- Plus, eligible participants can get up to 2 hours per week of live one-on-one tutoring for approved classes through Tutor.com. Learn more.
Tuition Support is provided through reimbursement. Participants must pay all costs up-front and then request financial reimbursement. If you are not currently active in an approved program or if you have already graduated, you will not be eligible for Tuition Support.
* Beginning August 1, 2022, Tuition Support is a one-year program and eligible members will be able to receive up to $5250 in a calendar year per training program leading to a degree or certificate.
Tuition Support is available for a variety of degree, certificate, or training programs in both direct patient care and administrative career paths.
We support GED preparation programs by providing eligible members with financial support to cover the costs for qualified GED preparation classes and exams.*
In order to be eligible for funding, your program must prepare you for a new career in an occupation offered by your current employer. Your program must also take place at an accredited academic or training institution.
*Funding for Tuition Support and GED Preparation differs.
The following is a list of some but not all, of the programs that are supported:
- Diagnostic Imaging including Rad Tech
- GED preparation
- Healthcare Administrator
- IT and non-clinical pathways
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Lab Technician
- Mental Health
- Public Health
- Social Worker
- Sterile Processing
- Surgical Tech
Please see the important note below under “Program status”. We do not accept applications in July or December, and we do not accept late applications. If you miss the application deadline you will have to apply during the next application period. However, we encourage you to proceed with your first appointment with an Education Fund career counselor, if you have not already done so.
To qualify for Tuition Support you must be eligible for Education Fund benefits as well as meet all of the following criteria:
- Currently attending a degree or certificate training program at an accredited school. If you are not currently active in an approved program or if you have already graduated, you will not be eligible for Tuition Support.
- Will complete your program no later than December 31, 2023 (for all regions: California, Nevada, Washington, Oregon, Colorado and New Mexico).
- Be enrolled in a program with a set start date and end date. The Education Fund does NOT provide Tuition Support for “self-paced” programs. (GED/High school equivalency learners can utilize self-paced programs).
- Be studying for a degree or certificate that will lead to a job offered by your current employer.
- Have not received Education Fund Tuition Support for another program within the last 15 months.
Please see the Tuition Support Application Details PDF for important information about required documentation.
We appreciate your interest in the Education Fund’s programs and services. We have received a tremendous response to our education and training programs and have reached our enrollment limit for many of our current programs. As a result, we are not accepting applications for this Education Fund program. (We may have limited availability for members in the Northwest, Colorado, Nevada, and New Mexico and we encourage you to login to MyEdFund to check availability.)
We anticipate a high level of interest and limited availability again in 2023, and we encourage you to create an individualized educational plan for 2023 with your Career Counselor/Regional Coordinator. You can make an appointment via MyEdFund, our secure, online member portal.