Tuition Support from the Education Fund provides financial assistance to employees who want to move up the healthcare career ladder through educational training programs.
We reimburse up to $5,250 per year, for a maximum of 2 years for training programs leading to a degree or certificate including:
- Required Textbooks
- Required student fees
- License and Certification exam fees (that are part of the academic program).
Tuition Support is provided through reimbursement. Participants must pay all costs up-front and then request financial reimbursement.
Tuition Support is available for a variety of degree, certificate, or training programs in both direct patient care and administrative career paths.
We support GED preparation programs by providing eligible members with financial support to cover the costs for qualified GED preparation classes and exams.*
In order to be eligible for funding, your program must prepare you for a new career in an occupation offered by your current employer. Your program must also take place at an accredited academic or training institution.
*Funding for Tuition Support and GED Preparation differs.
The following is a list of some but not all, of the programs that are supported:
- Diagnostic Imaging including Rad Tech
- GED preparation
- Healthcare Administrator
- IT and non-clinical pathways
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Lab Technician
- Mental Health
- Public Health
- Social Worker
- Sterile Processing
- Surgical Tech
For California and Las Vegas only:
Fall: August 1, 2021 – November 30, 2021
For Oregon, Washington and Colorado only:
Fall: August 1, 2021 – August 31, 2021
We do not accept applications in July or December, and we do not accept late applications. If you miss the application deadline you will have to apply during the next application period.
To qualify for Tuition Support you must be eligible for Education Fund benefits as well as meet all of the following criteria:
- Currently attending a degree or certificate training program at an accredited school.
- Will complete your program no later than December 31, 2022 (for all regions: California, Nevada, Washington, Oregon, Colorado).
- Be enrolled in a program with a set start date and end date. The Education Fund does NOT provide Tuition Support for “self-paced” programs.
- Be studying for a degree or certificate that will lead to a job offered by your current employer.
- Have not received Education Fund Tuition Support for another program within the last 15 months.
Please see the Tuition Support Application Details PDF for important information about required documentation.