Tuition Support from the Education Fund provides financial assistance to eligible, accepted employees of select employer partners who want to move up the healthcare career ladder through educational training programs.
Accepted applicants can receive reimbursement up to a maximum of $5,250 per training program for education expenses leading to a degree or certificate including:
- Required Textbooks
- Required student fees
- License and Certification exam fees (that are part of the academic program).
- Plus, academic support is available on a limited basis through Tutor.com. This service offers live one-on-one tutoring for approved classes for select participants. (Inquire with your career counselor.)
Tuition Support is provided through reimbursement. Participants must pay all costs up-front and then request financial reimbursement. If you are not currently active in an approved program or if you have already graduated, you will not be eligible for Tuition Support. Space is limited and acceptance is not guaranteed.
Tuition Support is available for a variety of degree, certificate, or training programs in both direct patient care and administrative career paths.
We support GED preparation programs by providing eligible members with financial support to cover the costs for qualified GED preparation classes and exams.*
In order to be eligible for funding, your program must prepare you for a new career in an occupation offered by your current employer. Your program must also take place at an accredited academic or training institution.
*Funding for Tuition Support and GED Preparation differs.
The following is a list of some but not all, of the programs that are supported:
- Diagnostic Imaging including Rad Tech
- GED preparation
- Healthcare Administrator
- IT and non-clinical pathways
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Lab Technician
- Mental Health
- Public Health
- Social Worker
- Sterile Processing
- Surgical Tech
When to Apply
The Education Fund is now accepting Tuition Support program applications based on member program eligibility and available funding. Please note: There is limited availability for this program. Applications will be accepted until all available spaces are filled. Once the spaces are filled the application will be closed.
Acceptance into the Tuition Support program isn’t guaranteed.
To qualify for Tuition Support you must be eligible for Education Fund benefits as well as meet all criteria below. (Union-sponsored opportunities are also available for SEIU 521 and 1021 members: learn more.)
- Be an employee of one of our employer-partners represented by an SEIU bargaining unit.
- Currently attending a degree or certificate training program at an accredited school. If you are not currently active in an approved program or if you have already graduated, you will not be eligible for Tuition Support.
- Will complete your program no later than December 31, 2025.
- Be enrolled in a program with a set start date and end date. The Education Fund does NOT provide Tuition Support for “self-paced” programs. (GED/High school equivalency learners can utilize self-paced programs).
- Be studying for a degree or certificate that will lead to a job offered by your current employer.
Please see the Tuition Support Application Details PDF for important information about required documentation.
How to Apply
If you meet the above Eligibility criteria to apply for this program, you must schedule an appointment with your Education Fund Career Counselor. You can make an appointment via MyEdFund, our secure, online member portal.
Please see the Tuition Support Application Details PDF for instructions on how to schedule the Meet Your Career Counselor appointment.