Preparation courses give students the edge when it comes to succeeding in college and/or training programs. These programs are designed to get you ready to do your best. Whether you want to strengthen your language skills, improve your computer literacy or get a head start in foundational subjects such as math, science and medical terminology, the Education Fund’s preparation programs can help.
Computer & Technical Skills
In-person* and online classes with live instructors through Learnit. Education Fund members may register for up to five (5) classes per year.
- Microsoft Word – All levels
- Microsoft Excel – All levels
- Microsoft Outlook – All levels
- Microsoft PowerPoint – All levels
- Microsoft 365
- Microsoft Teams
- Basic Computers
How to access courses on Learnit:
- Visit learnit.com/seiu-portal.
- Enter your personal and contact information.
- Enter your Employee ID.
For KP employees, please do not enter NUID – numbers only.
For employee IDs that start with two zeros (00), please omit the zeros.
- Select class and date.
- Add to cart and check out (no payment required).
* In-person classes have been suspended due to health and safety recommendations surrounding COVID-19. Please check back for updates on in-person class scheduling.
English Language Learning (ELL) with Voxy
Online English language learning platform providing content for all proficiency levels, including:
- Optional assessment to identify language proficiency
- Personalized learning units based on proficiency and topics of interest
- Curriculum to enhance professional language skills, personal life, and academic work
- Live group classes with an instructor
- Test preparation – TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC, Cambridge Exam
How to access and start using Voxy:
- Register online: bit.ly/edfund-voxy
- Click on the activation link sent to your email.
- Follow the directions to set up your account and reset your password.
- Take the optional Voxy Proficiency Assessment (VPA) – recommended!
- Use Voxy 20-30 minutes/day to complete personalized practice units and live instructor-led classes
For questions or help using the platform, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Foundational Math and Science; Medical Terminology
To prepare you for academic course work, we offer online basic math and science courses through the Kaiser Permanente School of Allied Health, and they are open to all Education Fund members:
- Medical Terminology
- Basic College Math
- College Algebra
- Anatomy and Physiology
These courses are not eligible for college credit. Students work at their own pace in a 6 week period and course content is available 24/7 during scheduled class session. Certificates of completion are available.