American Heart Association (AHA) Certifications & Licenses
Most healthcare jobs require workers to have a current American Heart Association (AHA) certification. The Education Fund has made it convenient for you to obtain a new card or renew your current one.
Take a class with one of our trusted educational partners at a location convenient to you!
Classes are available that work for your schedule! Our partners have robust class calendars accommodating the schedules of busy healthcare workers in need of the following AHA Certifications: BLS, CPR, ACLS, PALS, and more!
Heartshare, a Lifework Brand, one of our trusted educational partners, now offers American Heart Association (AHA) classes for all California residents at no cost! With virtual options and locations across the state, scheduling a class has never been easier!
All of these providers are available by signing up through MyEdFund, our new, secure member portal. First log in or register for MyEdFund, our new, secure member portal. You can then sign up for a specific program by finding it in the Continuing Education section of the “Available programs” link within MyEdFund.
- Anywhere within California: Heartshare, a Lifework Brand.
Another option for Bay Area residents is Project Heartbeat. With an office location in Oakland (near the Oakland airport), Project Heartbeat offers AHA certification courses at no cost to you!
- For Bay Area residents: Project Heartbeat.
Those outside California have these options below:
- For the Pacific Northwest: Cascade.
- For Colorado: Colorado Cardiac.
Am I Eligible?
You may be eligible for reimbursement if you fit all of the following criteria:
- Work in a bargaining unit position for which an Employer has agreed to make contributions to the Fund.
- Have completed your probationary period.
- Be a regular benefited full-time or part-time employee. In addition, on call or per diem employees working, at minimum, 2 shifts per month over the most recent 6 month period.
Please Note: If you are an on-call or per diem applicant, you MUST submit documentation to verify that you have worked a minimum of two (2) shifts per month for the last six (6) months. Please be prepared with the required documents when applying.