Wage Replacement through the Education Fund allows Kaiser Permanente, Planned Parenthood Columbia Willamette and Legacy Health System employees to reduce their work schedule by 16 hours per pay period in order to:
- attend classes
- participate in a clinical or internship experience
all while continuing to receive a full paycheck! Participants receive payments from the Education Fund for the hours they reduce. (Lifetime cap of $10,000 per employee may apply.) Plus, eligible participants can get up to 2 hours per week of live one-on-one tutoring for approved classes through Tutor.com. Learn more.
Wage Replacement supports a variety of degree, certificate and/or training programs in direct patient care careers and also in administrative (non-direct patient care) careers. Programs will be considered for support as long as it will lead to a position that Kaiser Permanente, Planned Parenthood Columbia Willamette or Legacy Health System currently employs. The following is a list of some but not all, of the programs that are supported by Wage Replacement:
- Medical Assistant
- Patient Care Technician
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Surgical Tech
- Diagnostic Imaging: Rad Tech
- Sterile Processing
- Mental Health
- IT and Non-Clinical Pathways
For California, Oregon, Washington and Colorado:
Please see the important “Program Status” information below. We do not accept applications in July or December, and we do not accept late applications. If you miss the application deadline you will have to apply during the next application period.
To qualify for Wage Replacement you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Kaiser Permanente, Planned Parenthood Columbia Willamette or Legacy Health System employee represented by an SEIU bargaining unit.
- Have completed your probationary period.
- Be full-time or part-time and benefited, working 20 hours or more per week. (On-call and per diem employees are not eligible.)
- Have your manager’s approval to reduce your hours.
- Currently attending classes in an academic degree, certificate or training program at an accredited institution when you submit the online application.
- Verification must include:
– Learner name
– Current semester or quarter
– Educational provider watermark or logo must be on the document
– Program start and end dates
– Academic program name
(Examples include: an unofficial transcript, letter from Student Services or Registrar’s Office)
- Will complete your program no later than December 31, 2023.
- Your classes are offered either on-site or online (self-paced programs are not supported)
- Start reducing your hours immediately or within 30 days of acceptance to Wage Replacement. (If this isn’t possible, please apply during the next application period.)
We appreciate your interest in the Education Fund’s programs and services. We have received a tremendous response to our education and training programs and have reached our enrollment limit for many of our current programs. As a result, we are not accepting applications for this Education Fund program. (We may have limited availability for members in the Northwest, Colorado, Nevada, and New Mexico and we encourage you to login to MyEdFund to check availability.)
We anticipate a high level of interest and limited availability again in 2023, and we encourage you to create an individualized educational plan for 2023 with your Career Counselor/Regional Coordinator. You can make an appointment via MyEdFund, our secure, online member portal.