Wage Replacement through the Education Fund allows Kaiser Permanente and Planned Parenthood Columbia Willamette employees to reduce their work schedule by 16 hours per pay period in order to:
- attend classes
- participate in a clinical or internship experience
all while continuing to receive a full paycheck! Participants receive payments from the Education Fund for the hours they reduce. (Lifetime cap of $10,000 per employee may apply.)
Wage Replacement supports a variety of degree, certificate and/or training programs in direct patient care careers and also in administrative (non-direct patient care) careers. Programs will be considered for support as long as it will lead to a position that Kaiser Permanente or Planned Parenthood Columbia Willamette currently employs. The following is a list of some but not all, of the programs that are supported by Wage Replacement:
- Surgical Tech
- Diagnostic Imaging: Rad Tech
- Medical Assistant
- Sterile Processing
- Mental Health
- Medical Lab Technician
- IT and non-clinical pathways
2021 APPLICATION PERIODS
For Oregon, Washington and Colorado only:
Fall application period: August 1 – August 31, 2021
For California only:
Fall application period: August 1 – November 30, 2021
No applications will be accepted after the application period has closed.
To qualify for Wage Replacement you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Kaiser Permanente or Planned Parenthood Columbia Willamette employee represented by an SEIU bargaining unit.
- Have completed your probationary period.
- Be full-time or part-time and benefited, working 20 hours or more per week. (On-call and per diem employees are not eligible.)
- Have your manager’s approval to reduce your hours. Documentation required.
- Currently attending classes in an academic degree, certificate or training program at an accredited institution when you submit the online application. Verification of enrollment required.
- California applicants: you must be completing your program no later than December 31, 2022
- Colorado, Oregon and Washington applicants: you must be completing your program no later than December 31, 2022.
- Your classes are offered either on-site or online (self-paced programs are not supported)
- Start reducing your hours immediately or within 30 days of acceptance to Wage Replacement. (If this isn’t possible, please apply during the next application period.)
Please see the Application Details PDF for important information about required documentation.
Application and Acceptance Process
To apply for and begin Wage Replacement from the Education Fund, Kaiser Permanente employees will need to complete the following steps:
- Apply online – submit proof of start and end date and Manager/Employee Agreement Form.
- Review orientation presentation and submit required financial documents.
- Meet your career counselor.
- Start reducing your hours.
See the Application Details PDF for more information about required documentation.
Planned Parenthood Columbia Willamette employees should begin by contacting their career counselor.
For more information
The Application Details PDF contains important information regarding how to reduce your hours and receive payments if you are accepted into Wage Replacement, as well as a detailed FAQ.