Wage Replacement through the Education Fund allows Kaiser Permanente, Planned Parenthood Columbia Willamette and Legacy Health System employees to reduce their work schedule by 16 hours per pay period in order to:
- attend classes
- participate in a clinical or internship experience
all while continuing to receive a full paycheck! Participants receive payments from the Education Fund for the hours they reduce. (Lifetime cap of $10,000 per employee may apply.) Plus, eligible participants can get up to 2 hours per week of live one-on-one tutoring for approved classes through Tutor.com. Learn more.
Wage Replacement supports a variety of degree, certificate and/or training programs in direct patient care careers and also in administrative (non-direct patient care) careers. Programs will be considered for support as long as it will lead to a position that Kaiser Permanente, Planned Parenthood Columbia Willamette or Legacy Health System currently employs. The following is a list of some but not all, of the programs that are supported by Wage Replacement:
- Medical Assistant
- Patient Care Technician
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Surgical Tech
- Diagnostic Imaging: Rad Tech
- Sterile Processing
- Mental Health
- IT and Non-Clinical Pathways
For California, Oregon, Washington and Colorado:
Spring application period: January 1, 2022 – June 30, 2022.
We do not accept applications in July or December, and we do not accept late applications. If you miss the application deadline you will have to apply during the next application period.
To qualify for Wage Replacement you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Kaiser Permanente, Planned Parenthood Columbia Willamette or Legacy Health System employee represented by an SEIU bargaining unit.
- Have completed your probationary period.
- Be full-time or part-time and benefited, working 20 hours or more per week. (On-call and per diem employees are not eligible.)
- Have your manager’s approval to reduce your hours.
- Currently attending classes in an academic degree, certificate or training program at an accredited institution when you submit the online application.
- Verification must include:
– Learner name
– Current semester or quarter
– Educational provider watermark or logo must be on the document
– Program start and end dates
– Academic program name
(Examples include: an unofficial transcript, letter from Student Services or Registrar’s Office)
- Will complete your program no later than June 30, 2023.
- Your classes are offered either on-site or online (self-paced programs are not supported)
- Start reducing your hours immediately or within 30 days of acceptance to Wage Replacement. (If this isn’t possible, please apply during the next application period.)
Please see the Application Details for important information about required documentation.
Application and Acceptance Process
To apply for and begin Wage Replacement from the Education Fund, Kaiser Permanente, Planned Parenthood Columbia Willamette and Legacy Health System employees need to complete the following steps:
- Apply online – submit proof of start and end date and Manager/Employee Agreement Form.
- Review orientation presentation and submit required financial documents.
- Meet your career counselor.
- Start reducing your hours.
See the Application Details for important information about required documentation.