The SEIU-UHW Education Fund has the tools and support to guide members and employers through a reduction in force (RIF) transition. Through our Job-to-Job program, we provide customized, confidential, and convenient on-site services and resources to support management and help eligible RIF members transition to new careers!
The Ed Fund should be notified of an upcoming RIF: The Ed Fund Career Counselors will facilitate a group orientation for RIF members to provide information, comprehensive resources, referrals to assist in their job search, and available training programs.
Who is eligible?
- Full and part-time members who have completed their probationary period; and those who are “on-call”, “per-diem”, “services-as-needed” or “short-hour” worker and have worked a minimum of two shifts each month, for the most recent six months.
- Members must have lay-off or redeployment documentation from their employer.
- Members must enroll in the Job-to-Job program within 60 days of notification of lay-off.
- Members who accept a severance package may no longer be eligible for Job-to-Job Benefits. Please discuss with an Ed Fund Career Counselor.
Who is not eligible?
- Currently on unpaid leave. (Administrative, Disability, Maternity, etc.)
- Members who obtain a new position that is permanent AND benefitted, AND the base wage is: equal to or greater than previous salary OR if new position pays less than previous position wage/ salary, it cannot be less than 5% of previous wage/salary.
Job-To-Job Training Options
All members MUST apply for the Job-to-Job Program online (application link below) AND have an approved Individual Training Plan with an Ed Fund Career Counselor, BEFORE training commences.
Eligible RIF members can receive financial support for short-term and in-demand training programs. Types of financial support available:
OPTION 1: The member may be reimbursed for attending an accredited training program. Up to 500 hours may be reimbursed and these payments may affect Unemployment Benefits
OPTION 2: The member may be reimbursed (up to $5000) for tuition, books, and fees for an accredited training program.
The Education Fund may offer customized training to a group of RIF members. These short-term classes can assist those with the skills and training needed to obtain a new position/classification.
If you are an affected employee, apply for this program by first using the link below to log in or register for MyEdFund, our new, secure member portal. You can then sign up for the specific program by finding it in the “Available programs” link within MyEdFund.
For additional assistance please contact: 888.872.4606 (Toll Free)