The Education Fund
Congratulations! You are qualified for career advancement benefits through the Education Fund! Your information has been submitted.
Keep an eye on your messages, because an Education Fund career counselor will be in touch with you by phone or email within the next 5-7 days. If you don’t hear from us in that time, or if your contact information has changed recently, please contact us at 888.872.4606.
If you are specifically interested in the Medical Assistant Pathway, please visit our dedicated MA Pathway web page for more information.
Education Fund benefits are negotiated by your union and with your employer. All funding comes from your employer and therefore our programs and services are available at no cost to you. As an eligible member, you can start taking advantage of Education Fund services right away! In particular, you can develop a customized career plan and next steps working 1:1 with one of our Career Counselors—experts in helping to choose your path and access all the Education Fund services to support your plan. The Education Fund is ready to support you.
As a member of SEIU-UHW, you have access to an incredible resource: the Education Fund. UHW members have fought hard to grow the Education Fund to $28 million annually, and 16,000 members every year are sharpening their skills and realizing their dreams through our comprehensive services.
- Graduates who moved into higher level roles saw an average hourly wage increase of 36%.
- 70% of learners are people of color.
- More than 80% of learners graduate and pass certification exams.
What does this mean for you?
By offering career counseling and training opportunities, the Education Fund helps current employees with their career possibilities, certifications, and tuition and fee reimbursements. The following career advancement and training options are all available at no cost:
- College Courses: Coastline Community College, is the Ed Fund’s preferred online school for those looking to take pre-requisites or complete a degree.
- Preparation: Computer Classes, Medical Terminology, Foundational Math/Science, Online Soft Skills Courses, Language Programs and more.
- Career Pathways: Accelerated online programs to become qualified for key positions in allied health quickly, no matter where you are in your career. Opportunities include: Medical Assistant, Phlebotomy, Sterile Processing, Mental Health and more!
- Tuition Support: Reimbursement of $5,250 for tuition, textbooks and fees.
- Wage Replacement: Up to $10k to supplement the loss of income, due to a reduction in hours to study, go to school, attend clinicals, etc. (Lifetime cap, Kaiser Permanente, Legacy Health System and Planned Parenthood Columbia Willamette only.)
- Continuing Education: Get your required Continuing Education credits at no cost through the Education Fund, including reimbursement up to $1,500 annually toward costs of CEUs/CMEs, AHA certifications, licenses, and more!
- Job-to-Job: Reimbursement up to $5000 for costs of attending an accredited training program, and up to 500 hours wage replacement for members retraining for Redeployment or Lay-off transition. (Some restrictions may apply.)
- Career Advice: Not sure where to start? We will help you with a full assessment of your skills, education, experience, interests, and goals to determine next steps.
Browse our site via the links above, and an Education Fund career counselor will be in touch soon to discuss your options. Thanks again for your interest!