Medical Assistant Pathway
Through our partnership with San Francisco State University, members can participate in the online program to become a Medical Assistant – one of the most in-demand job classifications in healthcare. This program is available at no cost to you through your eligibility for the Education Fund.
This program is available to all eligible UHW members including EVS workers, CNAs and administrative/clerical workers interested in moving to clinical work. Get started today!
“Deciding to work in healthcare was the best decision I ever made because it’s exciting, fast paced, secure and it gives me great satisfaction to know that the work I’m doing really matters.” — Anna Vasquez, Medical Assistant, Kaiser-Gilroy
To be eligible for the Medical Assistant Pathway Program, a candidate must:
- Work in a bargaining unit position for which an Employer has agreed to make contributions to the Fund and
- Have completed your probationary period.
- Be a regular benefited full-time or part-time employee, OR be on-call or per diem employee working, at minimum, 2 shifts per month over the most recent 6 month period.
In addition, you must meet the following:
- Possess a high school diploma or GED credential.
- No felony conviction on record; a clean drug screen; and up-to-date immunizations.
- Have access to reliable transportation.
Learn more about the program and apply using the link below: