The Work Experience Program is designed to assist new LVN graduates in California in obtaining the work experience requirement needed to move into an LVN position through paid work experience hours. This program includes 160 hours of paid work experience within 6-9 months at a partner facility.
- Completion of an accredited LVN program and submit proof of current LVN license (passed the NCLEX).
- Not currently employed as an LVN.
- Current background check and drug test administered within the last 6 months. If you do not have a current background check or drug test, you may be able to use our CE Reimbursement to cover background check/drug test expense.
- Updated Immunization Records.
- Enrollment into Paycom (for payroll purposes) after placement is confirmed.
Currently, Work Experience is only available in California.
Participants will work with a Work Experience Coordinator to be placed at an available site. Locations and times will vary and are based on facility availability, work schedules, and participants’ locations. The Work Experience Coordinator will try their best to accommodate applicants, however, we cannot guarantee location availability or proximity.
How to Apply
To apply for this program, you will need to log in or register for MyEdFund, our new, secure member portal. If you meet the eligibility criteria outlined above and are interested in this exciting opportunity, follow these steps to get started:
- Schedule a “Meet your Counselor” appointment using MyEdFund.
- After completing your Meet your Counselor appointment, the option to apply for Work Experience will appear under the “Available Programs” within MyEdFund portal. Click on “Apply” under Work Experience to start.
- You will be asked to submit proof of completion from an accredited LVN program and proof of a current LVN license (passed the NCLEX) when completing the application.
Please note that the Work Experience program will only appear as an option in MyEdFund after you have completed a Meet your Counselor appointment and discussed Work Experience with them.