Sterile Processing Pathway
Advance your career in the medical field by becoming a Sterile Processing Technician! Sterile Processing Technicians play an integral role in the healthcare system by ensuring instruments, devices and medical tools are decontaminated, distributed and germ-free.
The Education Fund has partnered with Martinson College to offer the Sterile Processing Technician FusionPlus+™ Hybrid Program to eligible members. This 12-week program (120 hours online and 8 hour virtual classroom session) provides training in healthcare sciences, medical instrument decontamination processes, preparation and packaging, current sterilization technologies, basic surgical instrument identification and more.
How Can Becoming a Sterile Processing Tech Advance Your Career?
- Grow into more advanced positions by obtaining additional formal training and relevant credentials.
- Advance into supervisory positions such as Lead Technician or Department Manager.
- Some sterile processing techs go on to train for careers as Surgical Technologists.
- Provides an excellent gateway to other healthcare careers.
To be eligible to apply for the Pathway, a candidate must:
- Be eligible for Education Fund benefits.
- Have basic computer skills.*
- Possess basic English and reading comprehension skills.*
* To improve your skills, classes are available through the Education Fund! Learn more.
Check back soon for information on the next application period.
The program is offered quarterly with flexible start dates. Participants have at least 3 months to complete the course.
Check back Spring 2021 for the next available application period.