Southern California University of Health & Sciences
The Education Fund supports online General Education classes and Prerequisites through Southern California University of Health & Sciences (SCU). SCU offers 5-week online accelerated science classes that an online lab accompanies. Southern California University of Health & Science is available to eligible members in all regions.
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Microbiology & Biology
You are eligible for College Courses support through the Education Fund, if you:
- Work in a bargaining unit position for which an Employer has agreed to make contributions to the Fund.
- Have completed your probationary period.
- Are a regular benefited full-time or part-time employee. In addition, on call or per diem employees working, at minimum, 2 shifts per month over the most recent 6 month period.
- Applicants must meet the requirements and prerequisites for the class for which they are supported through the Education Fund.
Please Note: If you are an on-call or per diem applicant, you MUST submit documentation to verify that you have worked a minimum of two (2) shifts per month for the last six (6) months. Please be prepared with the required documents when applying.
The Education Fund is focused on supporting your success in distance learning. Applicants will complete the following process:
- Submit a request for a “Meet Your Counselor” Appointment (link below)
- An Education Fund Career Counselor will provide you with the College Courses application link.
- Apply. If eligible, you will receive an approved email with next steps.