The Education Fund has partnered with Clinical Training Institute (CTI) to offer a Phlebotomy Program to eligible members. CTI offers two program options for online classroom instruction: a 4 week program during the weekday or an 8 week program during the weekend. The full program includes 40 hours of online classroom instruction, 32 hours of lab work and 40 hours of clinical externship. The lab work and clinical externship require in-person attendance at one of CTI’s campus locations in Oxnard, Lancaster, Bakersfield, Santa Maria, Fresno and Visalia. Upon successful completion of the program, students will receive a Certificate of Completion, be prepared to sit for the National Certification Exam (through American Medical Technologist) and apply for a California State license.
Phlebotomy Technicians save lives every day by collecting blood samples that can help to confirm a patient’s perfect bill of health or reveal an underlying health issue. They are responsible for identifying the best collection method for specific patients, drawing blood and accurately labeling vials, and properly transporting the samples to the laboratory for analysis.
The Importance of Phlebotomy
- Blood transfusions save millions of lives each year, and without the precise work of trained phlebotomy technicians, patients’ lives would be put at risk.*
- Being a Phlebotomist can open doors to other careers in the medical field.*
- Phlebotomy is a growing field with experts predicting a 23% increase by 2028.*
Why become a Phlebotomy Technician?
- The median pay for Phlebotomy Technicians in California is $22 per hour and they can earn up to $54,995 annually.*
- A great opportunity to move from a non-clinical to a clinical position.
- With additional training, Phlebotomy Technicians can move into more advanced positions such as an LVN or Medical Lab Technician.
- Phlebotomy Technicians can work in a variety of healthcare settings, including state, local, and private hospitals, medical and diagnostic laboratories, offices of physicians and other health care professionals, and outpatient care centers.**
Weekend Program: May 6, 2021
Weekday Program: May 10, 2021
Weekday Program: May 17 – June 14 (online classroom instruction)
Weekend Program: May 15 – July 10 (online classroom instruction)
Hands-on lab work and clinical externship will begin after online classroom instruction is completed.
If you’re interested, feel like you might be a good fit and are ready to get started, follow these steps:
- Schedule an appointment with a career counselor.
- Submit Application.
For questions, please ask a career counselor by using the Find Out More button below: