Information Technology Pathway
Have you considered working in desktop support? The Education Fund provides the training you need to make that career change. We’ve partnered with Coastline College Extended Learning Division to offer the Information Technology Pathway which offers the core skills you need to become an IT professional. The pathway is made up of 5 courses of 3 units each. With each course, you get the knowledge needed to pass the CompTIA (Computer Technology Industrial Association) certification tests. Successful completion of all five courses results in a Certificate of Accomplishment from Coastline.
The five courses are: A+ Essentials Hardware, A+ Essentials Software, Network+/Intro to Networking, CompTIA Linux+, and Introduction to Security. Each course provides intensive hands-on training in NetLab – a remote lab that students can connect to using their web browser. The NetLab environment simulates a networked server environment or other desktop environment to allow students to practice and complete lab assignments. Students should expect to spend a total of 7 to 10 hours per week, per course to read and review the instructional materials, complete assignments, submit discussion board posts, and study for quizzes and exams.
Considering a Career in Information Technology?
- Information Technology jobs are projected to grow 8% from 2019 to 2029.*
- This pathway covers the needs that at least one of our major employer partners prefers in their Desktop Support job candidates.
- IT professionals work in a variety of healthcare settings such support specialists, help-desk technicians, to telework, or work from their home.
*Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Outlook Handbook.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, and the program is offered each semester. Upcoming sessions:
- Summer Session: June 14 — August 8, 2021
- Fall A Session: August 30 — October 24, 2021
- Fall B Session: October 25 — December 19, 2021
If you’re interested, feel like you might be a good fit and are ready to get started, please schedule an appointment with a career counselor.
For questions, please ask a career counselor by using the Find Out More button below: