Certified Nursing Assistant Pathway
The Education Fund has partnered with Best American Healthcare University, to offer a one month Certified Nursing Assistant program to eligible members in California. The training consists of 60 online theory hours (self-paced), 100 online clinical hours and 32 required in-person demonstration hours at the Riverside campus. This program helps to prepare students to sit for the Certified Nursing Assistant California State Exam.
Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs), provide basic care and help patients with activities of daily living. CNAs provide basic care and help with activities of daily living. Depending on their training level and the state in which they work, nursing assistants also may dispense medication.
The Importance of a CNA
CNAs represent an essential part of the patient-care team. Their primary duties include:
- Assisting medical staff.
- Providing physical, emotional and spiritual care to patients.
- Observing patients carefully and making sure the health care team knows of any changes.
- Helping patients with basic care and daily activities.
Why become a CNA?
- Half of all CNA’s earn over $17.61 per hour and can earn up to $36,630 annually in California.*
- CNA jobs are projected to grow steadily at 8% by 2029.*
- With additional coursework, CNAs can move up the ladder to become Home Health Aides, Personal Care Aides, Occupational Therapy Assistants, Physical Therapist Assistants, Licensed Practical Nurses and Licensed Vocational Nurses.
- CNAs work in a variety of healthcare settings including hospitals, nursing care facilities, skilled nursing facilities, home healthcare services and assisted living facilities.
*Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Employment Statistics.
Please note that the in-person component must be taken at the Riverside campus.
May 3 – May 28, 2021
Application Deadline: April 30
June 7 – July 2, 2021
Application Deadline: May 31
If you’re interested, feel like you might be a good fit and are ready to get started, follow these steps:
- Schedule an appointment with a career counselor.
For questions, please ask a career counselor by using the Find Out More button below: