The STEP CORE program is our next level of support within the STEP program. STEP CORE is now available to members across all Education Fund regions (California, the Northwest, Colorado and Nevada).
- pays tuition, fees, and textbooks, every semester/quarter for Healthcare Training programs at Community Colleges;
- provides free online tutoring; and
- one-on-one counseling support.
Supported STEP CORE Programs include but are not limited to the following Community College programs:
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Coder
- Surgical Tech
- Diagnostic Imaging: Rad Tech
- And more!
- Work in a bargaining unit position for which an Employer has agreed to make contributions to the Fund;
- Have completed your probationary period;
- Be a regular benefited full-time or part-time employee. In addition, on-call or per diem employees working, at minimum, 2 shifts per month over the most recent 6 month period; and
- Students must be accepted and enrolled in a Healthcare Training program at a Community College.
Please Note: If you are an on-call or per diem applicant, you MUST submit documentation to verify that you have worked a minimum of two (2) shifts per month for the last six (6) months. Please be prepared with the required documents when applying.
Space is limited specific to regions: SoCal, NorCal, Colorado, Nevada, and Northwest.
STEP CORE is not for General Education or prerequisite courses. Please visit the traditional STEP program page for STEP program requirements and application cycle.
How do I apply?
The Fall 2020 semester/quarter application is closed. Winter/Spring 2021 application and more details to come in September 2020.