Education Fund services and COVID-19
Please see the Online Learning Options page for the most up-to-date list of trainings, webinars, and resources related to COVID-19, and for information about our other online programs and services.
We are continuing to operate and serve our membership during this public health crisis. The safety and well-being of our members, employees, partners and community is our highest priority, and we are committed to ensuring your experience with us remains consistent.
We continue to offer much of our programming online, process student payments, and provide you with phone and digital access to our team. Online education is especially important, as many of our higher education partners have suspended instruction, and in-person vendors have notified us that they are postponing in-person training to later dates. If you are enrolled in college program or had upcoming in-person classes, please check with your school or provider to get the latest cancellation information.
As we all experience this fast-changing situation, the Education Fund is continuing to monitor the latest news and working closely with our employer and union partners. See below to see what we are doing to respond to the situation more specifically, or contact us at 888-872-4606 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective March 16, 2020, Education Fund staff are working remotely. We have taken all necessary measures to ensure they are equipped to provide the same great customer service and remain reachable at our usual phone numbers to answer your questions, and provide support and information as usual.
Programs and Services
- College Courses / Tuition Support / Wage Replacement: Application dates will remain open for members to apply. The Education Fund will continue to support members enrolled in these programs and honor any class or program changes made by the school without penalizing our learners. However, if a school closes, changes an in-person course to online, or cancels the course entirely, we will NOT sanction our learners. We are available for all learners to explore their options and navigate through these challenging times.
- In-person classes: Our in-person classes have been cancelled. You should have already received notification, but if you have any questions, please send them to: SkillsDev@theedfund.org. We will be contacting enrollees again once classes have been rescheduled.
- Apprenticeship: If you are currently in an apprenticeship program, and have absences related to COVID-19 (for example, due to illness, childcare needs, quarantine, etc.), we will work with you to ensure you can successfully complete your apprenticeship program.
- Outreach/Meetings: All of our staff onsite visits and work at hospital facilities has been canceled, effective March 16, 2020. All meetings (Labor & Management) will be done via Zoom or Conference call.
- Student and Vendor Payments will continue to go out as usual.
Online learning and support
The Education Fund has a wide variety of online learning options available for your use 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
See our Online Learning Options page for the latest information on webinars and online trainings to address what our workforce is facing in this critical time.
There you will also find information on many of our programs that are available online.
You can get started right away with these direct links to a selection of some of our current online programs:
- SkillSoft – short 3- to 5-minute videos in subjects ranging from computer tips to social and emotional skills like preventing workplace conflict and creating work/life balance.
- KPSAHS online classes (including medical terminology, college math and algebra, Anatomy and Physiology). Registration for the Spring session is open through April 10. Sign up now to start your course on April 15. Learn more.
- CE Direct – Another excellent source for online Continuing Education courses.
- CNA Zone (online CEs) – Through a partnership with CNA Zone, we offer online CEUs for CNAs, HHAs and PCTs.
- ASRT – Offers hundreds of online courses for Radiologic Technologists.
- CE Reimbursement program – Through the Education Fund, you can take any CE from a reputable vendor and be reimbursed up to $1000 annually!
- See the full list on the Online Learning Options page.
Further, you can continue to get Career Advice support from our career counselors. Make an appointment today with one of our career counselors to find out more about what options you have to grow in your career, and how you can take advantage of everything The Education Fund offers.